Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Snail Mail Arrives!!! From 7-6-09

Dear Mom & Dad,
I've made it successfully through my first month & am going on 2 months now! Time had been flying by!! Neat-o huh. E-mails are kinda easier than letters, prolly easier for you guys to read too! haha
Sounds like the weather is crazy in Idaho. It is really warm and humid here. . . it rains almost everyday, and it's always huge thunderstorms and it dumps out the rain! It rains so hard, that it will soak you in seconds! So bikes aren't too fun on those days!
Well, I have a feeling I might have to learn Spanish before the end of my mission. So I might be a Spanish missionary at the end of my mission. . . but that is just a feeling, not a fact.
I hear that August is terrible for heat & humidity. . . but after this August, I'll only have one more August as a missionary. If you break down a mission into seasons, it seems shorter! haha I'll try to get some pictures ready or something.
I'm having fun, but I do miss farming. . .haha! Missionary work is more work than farming! I am more tired out here than I ever was raking hay!
The other day I went on exchange with a Spanish elder & he taught some lessons in Spanish as I sat there quietly. I was doing the head bob too! haha
I really don't know what to say. . . so I guess. . . goodbye
Love Ya
ELDER STANDER

No comments: