The weather here likewise has been rather pleasent. The hellish heat of summer has passed and the Florida is now alive with people leaving their air conditioned homes to see the world beyond their doors and windows.
I hope that this year will not be as frieghtfully cold as last.
I also hope all had a chance to enjoy General Conferance! Something is happening......President Monson's call to arms or missions (which ever you would prefer.) was peciuliar. and Jeffery Roy Holland's talk was not his usual bold talk but rather a "thanks" and testimony type of talk. Then during Priesthood Session President Monson boldly called the priesthood bretheren to repentance. There was alot of talk or repentace, following the prophets and using our agency to make the right choices. Also talks sending our thoughts back to the basics.
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" - Leonardo Da Vinci.
Something looms on the horizon. Something great, something terrible. This something will change things greatly and what we thought we knew is nothing compared to what we will most likely wish we knew. eh? Something to think about. yeah?
There is a day, a certain day of every month that rolls around that I can't help but notice when it comes and goes. Everytime it rolls by, I add it to the surmounting number which I began on May 27th of 2009.
This day, this certain day I have been talking about is the 27th day of each month. My month mark. It's not so much that I am trunkie or nessesarily counting days......but as I said earlier, I can't help but notice another month has passed from the last time that day, that certain day, has come and gone. I fear that this date has had such a special place in my thoughts that even when the day no longer matters I will not be able to ignore it's comings and goings. So yes, I know the months I have been out because of a day, a certain day.
I'm working on sounding intelligent.....how am I doing? I realize that by pointing this out my intentional intelligence is diminished, but If I continue to write and talk like this, If I pretend persay, it might turn into real actual intelligence. This may sound weird to you, but think of your actions when talking to a baby, You speak to them almost pretending they can understand you, until one day they actually do and you pretend no longer. What you pretended become reality. So if I pretend to be intelligent, maybe by chance I can be, intelligent, that is.
As you might have noticed (or lets hope you have noticed) that there is not much happening as of late. I already talked of conferance which was indeed the highlight of the week. So this leaves me with nothing much else to say. All other words would be empty, devoid of any actual meaning for they are meant to mean nothing. They would be written to give illusion that I had somehting worth while for you to read, but the truth is...I'm fresh out.
so farewell for now.
Love- Elder Luke Stander.
Monday, October 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment