Sunday, June 7, 2009

The First Informative Letter - June 2, 2009

I put in bold print what Luke had underlined and try to put it just the way he writes it, bad spelling and all.

Dear Mom and Dad,
Well, we only get to write letters on p-day! So here is my letter. I don't know if you heard, but the MTC is on lock down cause of 17 cases of the swine flu! The missionaries that were supposed to leave this week can't leave till June 13th so they have to stay like an extra two weeks! And the missionaries coming in are to be dropped off, and the parents can't come into the MTC building! It's kind-of intense! Good thing I got here when I did! We will still leave June 15th as far as I know.
The food here is pretty good, but I always over-indulge! I always eat way to much! I'm unna be fat!! ha ha
I have felt the spirit so strongly each day! I am loving it! Sunday was so so great! Priesthood meeting. . . . WOW! I learned that resurrection is actually a priesthood ordinance, and that husbands will resurrect their wives and fathers will resurrect their children!! Also God dwells in glory which is fire that consumeth all unclean things, and through the Atonement we receive glory and we are cleansed so we can dwell with God in Glory & Fire. There is a scripture that mentions it, I think it's in Hebrews, but not that sure. Plus after Christ was resurrected and Mary Magdalene was at the tomb, they embraced and the JST says that Christ said, "Hold me not" rather than "Touch me not" in John 20:17 (Hebrews 12:29 is that other scripture I mentioned) So I found that interesting!
My companion, Elder Lancaster Brown is nice and he is 6'6" tall, so we make quite the sight, I'm sure. Our district has gotten way tight! We all get along pretty well! So that's cool.
So I got Jake's letter, it was good! He bared his testimony and told me I owe him a slap! ha ha
Could you tell all my friends about the dearelder.com cause those are neat!
Thanks.
Love,
Elder Stander

1 comment:

Margene said...

I'm so happy he is happy!!!