Sorry mother! I didn't recieve any e-mail from you on monday and I usually just hit the reply button! I ment to write you, but we were in a hurry, and I forgot to compose one for you! so I didn't....But after we left I realized and said oh poopy! and I don't have much time to write letters! I have a bunch to replay to.... Jared is loving missionary work, Zac should be leaving for the mtc this month, and Micheal is still on a mission. Oh and Brainne is working at the beat dump this year! There, now you know whats going on in my very small circle for friends! :D
as far as me, I am working and am pretty excited about these people I have been teaching! Erlik, and Danielle! They are the coolest! They are humble and accepting and the Lord has truely prepared them for this gospel! I have been study-ing alot! One of our investigators got some Anti material. It was this little card the had at the top "mormonism teaches" and then a list of docrines that we teach! All but one of them were true, but worded terribly! So I went through and found scriptures in the Bible to support all of what we teach! It was pretty easy since we follow the Bible in all exactness. When asked if we believ in the Bible, Joseph Smith answered "If we do, we are the only ones under heaven that does" or something along those lines, then asked, "How do you differ from the other sects?" he answerd " That we believe in the Bible and other profess their belief in there interpretations of the Bible!" then, "Will everyone but Mormons be damned?" He answered "Yes! and a great portion of them unless they repent and work rightoesness!" Then my personal favorite "I hear they baptize in Joe Smiths' name." He Answered" "If they do, it's as valid as the secterian baptisms!" (pg 119 in "The Teachings Of The Prophet Joseph Smith) Haha! Joseph Smith dominates! So study-ing is pretty sweet! thats basically it! General conferance was pretty sweet though! Jeffery R. Holland laid out on those who speak ill of the Book of Mormon! And Tad R. Callister had a good talk about the truthes we teach! ....um....informative enough?
I'm pretty excited to meet my Nephew when I get home! Thats exciteing! keep me updated! You do a good job! :D Thanks for all you do mother dearest! I miss you tis true! But I will soon be home to you! hehe i am a poet! and I know it!
Love Elder Stander!
ps. "everybody was a kung fu fighting!"
Monday, October 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment